Sea Start Membership Benefits
There are many reasons why you might suddenly encounter a breakdown when you least expect it. Now you can have total peace of mind that someone will be there to help.
Sea Start operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We understand that a breakdown can be stressful, no matter where or when it happens.
One call is all it takes to help find the best solution.
With our help you should be on the move again with minimal disruption to your plans. We are experts with over 25 years of fixing boat related problems.
Membership gives you:
- Unlimited call outs
- Attendance on your home berth
- Waterborne attendance from Selsey Bill to Weymouth and 3 miles radius from ports shown on our website.
- “First Aid” fouled propeller clearance
- Tow to the nearest port if repair not possible
- Large operating area including South Coast, north Brittany Coast and The Channel Islands
- Telephone technical Support anywhere
Fast, Friendly and Reliable…
Typically 80% of pleasure craft breakdowns occur either at the weekend or in the evening.
Without Sea Start membership it may be difficult for you to find engineering help and probably even harder to find a tow. That’s why you should never cast off without us!
As a member you benefit from:
- Our unrivalled infrastructure
- Our experience – invariable we’ve seen your fault before!
- Our response time – typically within an hour of your call
You do need to know:
- It’s the boat that’s covered whosoever in on board
- Your membership starts 24 hours after registration
- As a guide, Our operative may typically be in attendance for up to an hour
- If your breakdown occurs outside of our area, we will still try to help
- BUT unfortunately we can’t provide help where the fault is as a result of marine growth!
Sea Start Statistics
- Our average response time is 45 minutes
- Over 90% of calls are resolved there and then
- Over 50% Members call for help each year
- Over 90% Calls are at weekends or at night
- 15% of calls are regarding fouled propellers
- Over 16% of calls are from vessels under 1 year old